How do we know that we are worshipping the true God? Isaiah uses Creation and Prophecy/Fulfillment to reassure the exiles in Babylon and us. Find our Old Testament lesson Isaiah 44-45 here.
- Prophecy/Fulfillment: None of the false gods can make prophecies like the LORD did about raising up Cyrus, king of Persia. The Persian empire would not become the world power for 200 years after Isaiah’s time. How do I know that the God of the Bible is the true God? He makes prophecies and is able to fulfill them. No other god can make that claim.
- Creation: Isaiah also emphasizes the LORD’s power in creation. As you go outside today, notice the power and wisdom of God that is evident in even the smallest creatures. Our God has the power to rescue the exiles from Babylon and rescue us from all our fears.
Our New Testament lesson (read 1 Peter 2 here) reminds us that the LORD will use his wisdom and power in our behalf. We who believe in Jesus are his chosen people. Trusting him, we submit ourselves to others, putting the needs of others before our own, because we know that we are precious to our God.
ST. PAUL'S NEWS
- Kids Club Resumes In-Person on Oct. 4 at 9:15 am. The Kids Club Fall Newsletter is attached with more information about in-person classes. Please pre-register your child(ren) by clicking here. We will also continue to produce the Kids Club Family lessons. This week's Kids Club Family lesson is available by clicking here.
- Awake and Alive Young Adult Zoom Event—September 27, 6:30 pm: Brandon Steenbock, Young Adult Minister at St. Mark's in DePere will be the featured speaker for Awake and Alive’s next large group gathering online. Brandon's topic: "Speak Your Truth." Join us for a conversation about truth - and how to find what you're looking for. Registration is free, just go to awakealive.com for more details.
- "Responding in Faith to Abuse" Seminar, Saturday, October 17 from 8:30 to 3:30. Abuse is a difficult topic, but research shows that survivors who have support from their church have more feelings of well-being and are less likely to return to an abusive relationship. All of us need to better understand this tragic phenomenon and how to respond. The event will also be livestreamed. Save the date!
- Following the Promise Bible study with Pastor Nate begins Tuesday, September 29 at 7 pm. For more information or to register for this Zoom Bible study, email him at
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channels
- St. Paul's Muskego where the 9:15 traditional service on Sunday will be live streamed.
- The Bridge Church Muskego where the 10:15 Bridge service on Sunday will be live streamed.
In-person worship this weekend will include communion in all the Traditional services and there will be communion at 9:45 am before The Bridge. No pre-registration is required.
God bless your weekend!