Click here to watch today’s video devotion. How quickly your highs can become lows!
- In our Old Testament lesson (see daily reading plan attached), Elijah’s ministry high point quickly became his ministry low point, so low that he wanted to die. Read 1 Kings 18-19 here.
- In our New Testament lesson (read Romans 5 here), Paul begins with the assurance of peace with God and then leads us into the lowest point – Adam’s sin alone is enough to make us guilty and subject to eternal death before God. But where we see sin more clearly, there we can see God’s grace more clearly. "Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound!"
It is in our low points that the Lord Jesus can work the miracle of faith in his saving grace and loving control of our lives.
The Parable of the Wrench Set
If you haven’t been able to worship with us yet, you can join us in person on Wednesday at 7 pm or join us online now:
- The Traditional Service (Worship folder attached)
- The Traditional Service beginning at the sermon
- The Bridge Service
- The Bridge Service beginning at the message
Where Are You in God's Wrench Set?
Take the Spiritual Gifts Assessment (click here) and share with us via our contact form your top five spiritual gifts. You are gifted and prepared for service. May the Spirit grant you opportunities as God's tool to do God's work in your daily lives.
Explore Spiritual Gifts Further
Join us in a Zoom Bible study on Thursday at 7 pm using the attached GroupWork. We will be studying 1 Corinthians 12-14, digging deeper into the topic of spiritual gifts. I will send out a link just before the 7 pm study. You don't need to download Zoom. All you need is a phone, tablet or laptop that has a camera and microphone. I look forward to seeing many of you Thursday evening.
God give you joy as you see the Lord using you today in his Kingdom Work, no matter what you doing.