My favorite headstone in our cemetery is that of Christ Peters, a member of the Grand Army of the Republic which means he was a Civil War veteran. It is my favorite because of the hymn verse inscribed on his headstone. Watch the video about it here.
Today's readings reveal our joyous hope as Christians. In Philippians 1:1-26 (read it here) Paul confesses that for him "to live is Christ and to die is gain." In Isaiah 54-56 we celebrate because of Jesus' death as our substitute (remember Isaiah 53). Even though we may feel desolate and deserted like the people of Jerusalem after the destruction by the Babylonians, the LORD will have compassion on us, his Church.
Worship with us this evening
Join us for in-person worship this evening at 7 pm. Communion will be offered in the service.
Worship With Us Online
- The Traditional Service
- The Traditional Service beginning at Pastor Kuehl's message
- The Bridge Service
- The Bridge Service beginning at Pastor Strobel's message
The worship folder is attached.
ST. PAUL'S NEWS
- Kids Club Resumes In-Person on Oct. 4 at 9:15 am. The Kids Club Fall Newsletter is attached with more information about in-person classes. Please pre-register your child(ren) by clicking here. We will also continue to produce the Kids Club Family lessons. This week's Kids Club Family lesson is available by clicking here.
- "Responding in Faith to Abuse" Seminar, Saturday, October 17 from 8:30 to 3:30. Abuse is a difficult topic, but research shows that survivors who have support from their church have more feelings of well-being and are less likely to return to an abusive relationship. All of us need to better understand this tragic phenomenon and how to respond. The event will also be livestreamed. Save the date!
- Following the Promise Bible study with Pastor Nate has just begun on Tuesdays at 7 pm. It is not too late to join the group. For more information or to register for this Zoom Bible study, email him at