Hope in the Midst of Death
Both our daily readings speak of death.
- We are born spiritually dead. God in his grace gives us spiritual life in Christ (read Ephesians 2 here).
- Isaiah foresees death for himself as he sees the LORD Jesus in all his glory (John 12:37-41). God in his grace takes his sins away (read Isaiah 6) . King Ahaz sees death and destruction. The LORD gives the sign of the virgin birth (read Isaiah 7). Isaiah foretells darkness and death (read Isaiah 8) that sets the stage for another promise of the Savior in Isaiah 9.
In the midst of darkness and death, our God’s grace shines the brightest.
I've attached the list of the kings again to help you place Isaiah's prophecies in history.
This weekend we begin to live stream our traditional service at 9:15 in addition to live streaming the 10:15 Bridge service. We will also live stream the afternoon confirmation services. They will all be available for replay shortly after the end of the service. Click below for the links:
- Traditional Service at 9:15 am
- Confirmation Service at 1:30 pm
- Confirmation Service at 3:00 pm
- The Bridge Service at 10:15 am
St. Paul's now has two YouTube Channels to which you can subscribe.
- St. Paul's Muskego where you will see all the traditional services and daily devotions
- The Bridge Church Muskego where you will see the Bridge services.
In-Person Kids Club Registration
Kids Club lessons are virtual for now (click here for this week's lesson) We hope to begin in-person sessions soon. To help with planning, if your child will attend in-person sessions when they resume, register here. If you have questions, contact Dr. Nelson at .
I look forward to seeing many of you at our in-person worship (click here for times) and many confirmation families tomorrow afternoon. Remember we are also planning an outdoor service on Sunday, September 20 at 10:30 am.
God bless your weekend!