In Isaiah 22, God promised to make a man named Eliakim the next palace administrator. God compared Eliakimto a peg driven into a wall. “All the glory of his family will hang on him.” His family’s identity and purpose would all hang Eliakim.
The bad news… Eliakim’s position wouldn’t last long. The peg would break off. His whole family would lose their identity and purpose.
That’s why I want us to ask ourselves, “Who or what is my Eliakim?”Upon what do I hang my identity and purpose?
Last week’s message talked about our identity. (Watch Pastor Kuehl’s message and/or Pastor Panitzke’s message.) This week’s message will use Genesis 2:15-25 to explore our purpose in life from a Biblical worldview.
Join us in worship as we seek God’s answer to the question: Why am I here?
- Traditional Services: Sat @ 5 pm, Sun @ 7:45 & 9:15 am, Wed @ 7 pm
- Contemporary Service: Sun @ 10:45 am
- The Bridge: Sun @ 10:15 am (The Lord’s Supper served at 9:45 am)
- Childcare is available at all Sunday services except the 7:45 service.
- Kids Club/Boost for children 3K – 8th grade is from 9:15 to 10:15 am. Find more information here.
Can’t make it in person? Worship online
Join us live at The Bridge on Sundays at 10:15 am. You can also watch archived services here.
We also have a searchable library of messages that you can view here. Every week people watch about ten hours of programming from our site. God be praised!
Worshipping together is critical for our spiritual growth. But so is getting connected to other believers who can encourage you and whom you can encourage. Consider the following ways to connect.
- Join a Bible study. Learn about many of them here.
- Small Groups – this fall studying the Creation/Evolution topic using a DVD based study. Click here to express interest.
- Volunteer – take five minutes to fill out a volunteer survey and become a partner in our ministry. Take the survey here.
God bless your weekend!