Check out the Youth News at the end of this email.
Today’s New Testament reading speaks of the wickedness of the last days (find 2 Timothy 3 here). The best protection that we have is the inspired Word of God that “is able to make us wise for salvation” so that we are “thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
The importance of regular use of God’s Word is revealed in our Old Testament reading (find 2 Kings 21-22 here). In the long reign of King Manasseh, the Word of God falls into disuse. By God’s grace, a copy of the Old Testament Scriptures is discovered in the Temple. The Word was preserved and that Word preserved God’s people for another generation.
“Blessed is the one… whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night” (Psalm 1:1-2).
Unexpected Message Series Continues
This weekend we will study the Parable of the Two Sons. Watch the Unfair Message from last week here.
Join us for in-person worship. Click here for worship times.
Join us for online worship. The 9:15 Traditional Service and the 10:15 Bridge service will be livestreamed tomorrow and will be available for replay immediately after the services. Click here for all our online resources.
Subscribe to our YouTube channels to receive notifications about worship services and devotions.
- St. Paul’s Muskego for the traditional services and devotions
- The Bridge Church Muskego for the Bridge services
Youth News – Child Care Center
- Our child care center has openings for infants and toddlers. Please contact Tammy Dockter for a tour of the facility and for more information at (414) 422-0320, ext. 200, or
- Our child care center is hiring. We are in need of substitute aides to fill in for vacations with advance notice and occasionally last minute for sick employees. Another need is for an afternoon aide in the toddler room. Hours are 12:30 to 6:00 pm, four days per week. Please contact Tammy Dockter at (414) 422-0320, ext. 200, or for more information and to apply
Youth News – PreK Highlights
Our 3K and 4K Pre-Kindergarten joyfully resumed in-person classes for the 2020-2021 school year on Tuesday, September 8. There was definite excitement in the air among the students and teachers finally together after over 5 months! The Pre-K teachers have reported the following positive happenings in their classrooms:
- “This morning each child was brave enough to say our Bible words all alone. Also, one of them said that they didn't need me to tell them how much time was left in the day (He was happy enough to stay and not worry about going home - hooray!).”
- “I'm excited that 13 of my 16 students have siblings that have attended, and still attend, our Pre K/School!”
- “We have had three students add a day to their weekly schedules because they are enjoying school so much. Two in 3K and one in 4K.”
- “When I was doing the children’s ‘All About Me’ interview sheets, one of the questions was, “What are you most excited about?” Many of the answers were that they were most excited about school, playing with friends, going to gym, and riding the bus! This is wonderful as these are all school related things to be excited about.”
God teaches us in Proverbs 16:9, “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” We have good plans in place at school, and we continue to pray that the Lord keeps our kids here in school, with their classmates and teachers, enjoying classroom laughs and learning, recess, hot lunch, and all the other things that make our Lutheran school a great place to be…because the Joy of Jesus is here! Learn more about our school or schedule a tour by clicking here.
Youth News – Kids Club
Kids Club has resumed in-person instruction on Sundays at 9:15 am. Register your child(ren) here. We will also continue to produce the online Kids Club Family Lesson (click here for all the resources).
Youth News – Wisconsin Lutheran High School
See the attached “WLHS Report Card” filled with stats about this school year and also the attached summary of this week’s delegate meeting.
Youth News – Awake and Alive Event – October 25, 6:30 pm on Zoom
Author Amber Albee Swenson is the featured speaker for our October online gathering. She will be speaking on Change the Narrative.
- Are you prone to thinking things like, "You're worthless," or "You always mess up?"
- Do you talk yourself into indulging in things you shouldn't because "you only live once" or "I'm pretty good in the other areas of my life and so and so is much worse, so..."
We're going to talk about common self-talk: the things that routinely go through our minds and learn how we can "change the narrative" so that we're taking every thought captive for Christ.
For more information go to AwakeAlive.com.
For all the latest St. Paul's News, see the attached worship folder.