In the message last week we came to grips with the fact that the Bible is not an easy read. It will take effort. But it is the key to the unshakable faith that we have spoken about for the last six weeks. (See the message series here.)
This week we begin a new series called Rest for the Stressed, using a Bible reading plan proposed by Martin Luther (Read his article A Simple Way to Pray here). Over the next four weeks we will practice using Luther’s plan to find rest for our souls in four psalms. This week we will study Psalm 1.
Join us in worship. Let’s learn together to find rest in God alone.
- Traditional Services: Sat @ 5 pm, Sun @ 7:45 & 9:15 am, Wed @ 7 pm
- Contemporary Service: Sun @ 10:45 am
- The Bridge: Sun @ 10:15 am (Watch it live streamed here.) Confession/communion service is held before the main service at 9:45 am.
- Child care is available at all Sunday services except 9:15 am.
The Family Church
We are excited by the message series that will begin on September 9. Watch the first three-minute introductory video here. Attached are a couple of articles about The Family Church as well (The Second Stone) (God Sets the Lonely in Families).
We will have two primary goals:
- To help adults in families see themselves as the “first pastor” to the children in their household to strength families.
- To help every member of our family at St. Paul’s to find a faith family, a Life Group where they experience the truth that “God sets the lonely in families.” GroupLink will be held on Thursday, September 13 and/or Sunday, September 16 at 6:30 pm to help individuals find a spiritual family where they can both be “pastored” and serve as a “pastor” to other in the group.
School Begins Soon
This next week children begin to come back into our school for iFASST (forms and registration day on Monday, August 13) and Back to School Night (Thursday, August 16). It is not too late to register for 3K – 8th grade! Contact our School Administrator today at .
Thanks for your generosity
At the Ministry Board last night we gave thanks for the generosity of God’s people and the good management of those gifts over the last fiscal year. Thank you for your generous gifts! If you are not already using online giving, we encourage you to do so by going to www.stpaulmuskego.org/give. You can give a one-time or recurring gift to a variety of funds (General Fund, Missions, Cool Million capital campaign, Mortgage Fund, Tuition Funds). The most cost effective way to give is by direct withdrawal from your checking or savings account. I've found it a great help in making my offerings always the firstfruit - always paid first to God's glory.
St. Paul’s News and Notes is also attached.
God grant you a blessed weekend!