One of the toughest struggles to face is when you feel "all alone." No one else is there for you. No one else cares. Jesus experienced that in the Garden of Gethsemane. First the disciples failed to contend for him in prayer, and then they deserted him. Read Luke 22:47-62 here. Because he was willing to go to the cross "all alone," you and I will never be all alone.
The psalmists cling to that truth in the prayers that we read today: You are never alone in Christ.
- Psalm 70: Come quickly to help me!
- Psalm 71: Be my rock of refuge to which I can always go.
- Psalm 72: The King rules to bless me (A Messianic Psalm - compareHebrews 1:8-9)
- Psalm 73: All alone because "I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked."
If you were not able to worship with us yet, here are the links. This weekend’s worship folder is attached.
- Traditional Service
- Traditional Service starting at the message
- The Bridge Service
- The Bridge Service starting at the message
All Alone - 18 to 25 year olds
Sometimes you can feel all alone because the culture around you is becoming increasingly unchristian. Join others of your generation and be encouraged at the summer online Awake and Alive event this Sunday, June 28 at 6:30 pm. Click here for more information.
Praise be to the LORD God, the God of Israel,
Who alone does marvelous deeds.
Praise be to his glorious name forever;
may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and amen.
You are not alone. The LORD God is with you!
Your brother in Christ,