1. The first request is easy… does anyone have the large Jenga blocks often used at parties. I’d like at least two sets (more if possible) for a sermon illustration this weekend. Let me know if you have one.
2. The second request is fun… Celebrate this weekend! I am amazed at the work that Pastor Bonack has done to assemble a team to produce all the Family Church materials.
- This weekend we will see the first of eight Family Church video testimonials produced by Joel Trettin and Emma Bonack.
- Monday you will receive the first daily Family Church devotion written by members of our St. Paul’s family. Read it for yourself, with your family, or download a podcast and listen while you are driving to school or work.
- “You Made a Place for Me,” a Family Church theme song written by Mike Westendorf will be available soon.
- Prof. Kristen Gjerdset of Wisconsin Lutheran College is producing a St. Paul’s Family Crest to serve as an example for all of us to produce our own family crest celebrating our spiritual ancestry.
- The third request is hard… Pray with me… and pray dangerously.
- Pray that the Father use our Family Church emphasis to strength our families and our church family against Satan’s attacks.
- Pray that every person at St. Paul’s becomes part of a Family Church, a group of Christians related by blood or by a common faith in Christ. Pray that no one faces life’s challenges alone!
- Pray you might be the answer to prayer. You may not feel the need to be part of Life Group, but perhaps someone else needs you to be in their group! Pray dangerously and register for GroupLink!
GroupLink - What is it?
GroupLink is a time to learn more about Life Groups and to meet others who are interested in forming new groups, to find common times to meet, and to schedule your first meeting.
There are two sessions: Thurs, Sept 13 @ 6:30 pm and Sun, Sept 16 @ 6:30 pm (Packers play a noon game that day!)
Register for GroupLink by contacting me, stating which GroupLink you will attend.
Join us in worship
Join us in person. Find our times of worship here. Childcare is available at all Sunday services except 7:45 am.
Join us online live on Sundays at 10:15 am here, or go to our website and click the “Sermons Series” button to find our library of videos, podcasts, and written messages.
Youth Ministries Begin, Sun Sept 9 @ 9:15 am
Learn about Kids Club (3K - 6th grade) and Boost (7th & 8th grade) on the attached Fall Newsletter. Register online here. TUG, our senior high ministry, meets this Sunday evening at 6:30 pm.
Financial Peace for You and Your Teen begins Sept 16
Reserve your spot for Generation Change by Dave Ramsey by emailing . There will be three sessions, Sept 16, 23 & 30 from noon until 1:30 pm in the Faith Room with complimentary lunch provided.
This week's St. Paul's News is also attached.
I am looking forward to debunking the myth of the "Perfect Family" this weekend, and yet also celebrating that in Christ we already are the "Perfect Family." In preparation, read Genesis 2:18-24 and Ephesians 1:3-7.
PS. Just learned that one of our teachers Mr. Kurt Steffen will receive an Educator Impact Award this week at Wisconsin Lutheran High School. God be praised for this dedicated servant of Christ who has helped hundreds of our students draw closer to Christ. We also pray for God's blessings on our former teacher Mr. Justin Walz who will be installed as a teacher at WHLS on Sunday afternoon.