Give thanks to the Lord for 2018
As I look back over the last year, there is much to give thanks for…
- Our resident missionary position began, allowing us to bring more people into a closer relationship with Jesus.
- A Cool Million funding campaign kicked off, gathering almost $400,000 in its first year, providing 10% for our mission partners and allowing us to begin improvements to the sanctuary lighting, the school playground, the Centennial Gym windows, and new HVAC for the school.
- The first steps were taken toward a counseling center on our campus by supporting Pastor Bonack’s efforts to get a Masters in Mental Health Counseling.
- Our school enrollment increased to 90 in PreK and 230 in K-8.
- Our first day enrollment in Kids Club/Boost Sunday youth ministry was 115, a 50% increase from two years ago.
- Our second year in the school choice program saw a number of member families seize the opportunity for Christian education for their children.
- The Family Church message series was well received and is available for sharing with other congregations. (Click here for all materials to reivew for yourself or to share with your friends.)
- Over 2100 of our members worshiped in 2018. We have increased efforts to reach out to members we have not seen for quite some time to provide them with spiritual care.
- A large bequest has increased the ability of our Gift Trust Fund and Legacy Fund to help the congregation fulfill its mission: By every possible mean we bring every person within our area of influence closer to Christ.
His mercy endures forever – Awaiting his mercy in 2019
I am looking forward to ministry opportunities in 2019! Some of the things we see on the horizon…
- A Cool Million CC’d – We will be repeating the Cool Million emphasis early in the year but “cc’d” doesn’t mean carbon copy. It means “C the Ceiling” … seeing the Centennial Gym ceiling as the most visible of improvements that we want to bring to our school and church. Pray that God enables us to reach $1 million in gifts and plans for giving.
- Staffing needs – as we give Pastor Bonack more release time next fall for his studies, we will need additional staffing to cover some of his duties.
- School improvements – Your congregational leadership will be discussing how to improve our school ministry and developing a long-term funding model to provide the best Christian education we possibly can.
- Second worship site – Our daughter congregation Victory of the Lamb averaged 380 in worship last year. A new start resulted in more people connected to our Savior. It is our prayer that developing a second worship site might result in similar overall growth in gospel outreach. Your leadership is pursuing several possible options in our area, asking God to guide us in the direction he wishes us to go.
- Mission Focus – I will be joining a dozen St. Paul's members on foreign mission trips, with the hope that this helps us our congregation grow in our enthusiasm for world-wide gospel ministry.
- Financial Training – We look forward to helping those who worship with us to learn how to manage their resources in a God-pleasing fashion and to grow in the Biblical principle of generous, proportionate gifts to the Lord’s work.
For the last 161 years, St. Paul’s has experienced the truth that “God’s mercies are new every morning. Great is his faithfulness”(Lamentations 3:23).
I pray that you join me in looking forward to seeing God’s mercies renewed on us day by day in 2019.
Our principal Seth Fitzsimmons has returned his call to St. Stephen’s in Beaver Dam and will continue to serve among us. Mrs. Candy Noffsinger has accepted her call to serve as our 1st grade teacher in the next school year. Mrs. Sarah Tonn is holding our call to serve as our Extended Learning Coordinator in the next school year.
- Awake and Alive Two Day Conference for the 18-25 year old generation – January 4 & 5 – Register at www.awakealive.com.
- GroupLink – Sunday, January 13 at 6:30 pm to find friendship and fellowship in a small group. Register by contacting Pastor Pete.
- Financial Peace University – beginning Thursday, January 17 at 6:30 pm in the Grace Room. Learn Biblical principles of money management through this DVD-based study produced by Dave Ramsey. Register by contacting Pastor Pete.
- Following the Promise – beginning Tuesday, January 22 at 7 pm – join Pastor Nate in this study of God’s promise of the Savior from the Garden of Eden all the way to your own life and heart. Register with Pastor Nate by emailing him at
- School Tours – registration for the next school year begins soon. Schedule a tour with our principal here.
- Kids Club/Boost – Start a new life pattern for your children. Enrollment them in our Sunday morning youth ministry. Learn more here. The next session is January 6.
God bless your worship of the Savior. Regular worship times this weekend. New Year’s Eve service is at 7 pm. Watch the Bridge livestream here on Sunday at 10:15 am. You can find recordings of our Christmas services here.